IT Field Engineer
Remote - Need to travel to customer sites if required
£30,000 - £40,000
An amazing opportunity for a 2nd line support engineer to develop in an established and growing company in an exciting role, where you will be responsible for providing exceptional IT support remotely and while visiting customer sites.
On offer is a role where you will be able to challenge your existing skills and develop further into your career. This will be a role where you can work office or home based and when expected, travel to customer sites around the UK when needed. Although the role is remote the company is ideally looking for someone who is flexible around working arrangements.
The company are a privately owned business and have been established for years providing technology solutions, IT support and software to their well-established customers. They are a multi-million pound turned over business and have achieved natural growth in recent years.
In this role your main responsibilities would be to provide a high level of IT support, offer great customer service and solve a wide range of technical issues for the company's customers. Also, depending on the role you will be providing support to the in-house team too.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience providing 2nd Line support in an MSP environment. Have experience working in a customer facing role and be flexible with a wide range of technical task. Having experience working with technologies like Office 365, Azure and Active Directory is crucial. Also, have a good networking knowledge with VLANs, WAN routing and DNS.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be able to work with the latest technologies, work with an established company offering flexible working arrangements and further your IT career with highly technical / knowledgeable colleagues. The company are keen on funding staff certifications in Cisco and CompTIA.
- 2-3 years providing 2nd Line support in an MSP environment
- Experience providing good customer service to clients
- Strong knowledge of Office 365 on premise and cloud, Active Directory, Azure, DNS, Windows servers, and remote desktop services
- Must have experience working in a MSP or similar enviorment
- Driving license (preferable)
- Managing own ticket escalations to ensure 2ndline support tickets are handled and solved efficiently
- Travel to customer sites when required to provide technical support to client's customers IT issues and providing great customer service e.g., physical hardware
- Working in a team with the 3rd line support team when necessary to ensure unresolved problems are solved.
- Resolving problems and when necessary, consulting with 3rd party hardware and software suppliers
To apply for this role or to be considered for further roles, please click "Apply Now," or contact Mo Islam at Rise Technical Recruitment.
Rise Technical Recruitment Ltd acts an employment agency for permanent roles and an employment business for temporary roles.
The salary advertised is the bracket available for this position. The actual salary paid will be dependent on your level of experience, qualifications, and skill set. We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitable candidates.