Assistant Quantity Surveyor
Locations: Burton, Swadlincote, Minworth & Sheffield
Monday - Friday (Days)
£28,000 - £38,000
* INDUSTRIAL CONSTRUCTION EXPEIERNCE REQUIRED *
Are you an experienced Assistant Quantity Surveyor looking for a days based position with the opportunity to work on great projects?
The company are a highly respected industry leader in their field who provide multi-discipline services to clients across all sectors of Construction. Due to a securing several new projects they are looking to expand their team with an Assistant Quantity Surveyor that has experience in Industrial Construction & Fit out.
They are able to provide a position enabling you to play an integral role in company growth. The company actively encourage the development of their staff and pride themselves on a dynamic and supportive culture.
Your duties as an Assistant QS will be to work with the commercial team and manage the resources of the assigned projects to maximise forecast gross margin through the placement and control of contracts and subcontracts and to assess, review and mitigate commercial and contractual risks through the implementation of the company's policies for risk management.
You will be given the opportunity to learn the practical skills of Quantity Surveying through working closely with the main works team to deliver high quality projects.
In this role, you will be working on & covering a range of projects and supporting the team in the successful financial closure of these projects. The role is predominantly site based & as part of your role you will undertake the following
- Cost control of financial contracts
- To help manage & control the procurement of subcontractors
- Commercially assist & advise the negotiation and settlement of sub-contractor accounts.
- Subcontractor enquiries
- General training in surveying
- General training in different areas of construction: Estimating, Buying & Site management
- Health & Safety Training.
All levels considered, however the below is preferred:
- Experience in Industrial construction
- Experience with main contractors / tier 1 contractors
- It is required to have GCSE grade C (or level 4) minimum in English and Maths.
- Very efficient on Microsoft systems
- Currently studying towards a construction related degree/HND or completed
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Driven & self motivated