Director of Energy and Sustainability
Up to £100,000 + Pension + Healthcare + Hybrid + 25 Days Holiday
Excellent opportunity for an energy and sustainability head to join a renowned organisation offering a pivotal role in projects with a variety of high-profile clients along with great support and an impressive salary package.
On offer is the chance to progress your career in a supportive environment with the chance to gain further Chartership alongside a team of highly qualified engineers. There is also a clearly defined career progression structure in place to illustrate how you can climb the ladder.
This well-established UK wide building consultancy operate in building sectors including offices, business parks, residential, retail, leisure and education . With number of high- profile clients across the UK they are now in a period of growth and expansion. They now seek an experienced head of energy and sustainability who will be supporting the directors and engineers on developing , promoting and implementing the energy and sustainability aspects on their projects.
In this role you will be based in their South London office but will be given the opportunity to work from home two days a week. You will be representing the company and aim to win projects over competitors and bring in new business. You will have significant management experience which will allow you to develop , grow and lead the energy and sustainability team. You will also have expert knowledge on zero carbon advice and delivery on both embodied and operational side for developments. Knowledge of development of energy and sustainability strategy for major and minor developments should also be excellent. You should also be able to demonstrate commercial ability, business development skills and tangible management skills
The ideal candidate will have 10+ years of experience in the energy and sustainability sector while also being degree qualified in a relevant discipline. They will also have management experience in leading a energy and sustainability team. They must be an initiative taker who demonstrate excellent business development skills that helps them drive to win new business progressively.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced head of energy and sustainability who is seeking a new role within a company who can offer autonomy, stability and progression for the years to come.
* You want to work in a fast-paced, friendly, and collaborative team.
* you have 10+ years of relevant experience
* Are degree qualified in a relevant discipline, ideally to master level
* Have management experience to lead, develop and grow the ESD team
* Are an initiative-taker with regards to BD, with the ability and drive to win new business
* And you've a ton of commercial awareness.
* Expert knowledge on zero carbon advice and delivery on both embodied and operational side for developments
* Knowledge of development of E&S strategy for major and minor developments
* A full understanding of Building Regulations Part L
* An understanding of the requirements of The London Plan and other local authority requirements regarding energy
* Knowledge of the passive design techniques - orientation/glazing ratios/U-values
Reference Number: 158223
To apply for this role or to be considered for further roles, please click "Apply Now" or contact Maleek Randley at Rise Technical Recruitment
Rise Technical Recruitment Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent roles and an employment business for temporary roles
The salary advertised is the bracket available for this position. The actual salary paid will be dependent on your level of experience, qualifications, and skill set. We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitable candidates