Engineering Geologist (Offshore/Renewables/Marine)
Chichester/ Oxford + Hybrid working
£50,000 to £80,000 DOE+ Healthcare + Life insurance + Excellent Pension Scheme
Do you come from a marine geoscience, geology or geophysics background with Offshore/ Marine knowledge/experience or looking to get into the sector, working alongside industry experts at an innovative company?
On offer is an role working for a company with great values where you will have a direct impact on the ongoing success of the business. You will play a major role in projects and the company also support further training and progression for those who want it.
The company have ambitious plans in place and boast a wealth of experience in the industry. They have built an excellent reputation and they are looking for an Engineering Geologist to join the highly skilled team.
This would suit an Engineering Geologist with a lot of experience who is looking for a more senior role. Any knowledge/past experience in work within Offshore/Renewables/Marine would be a distinct advantage.
- Provide technical input, support and advice on assigned projects.
- Co-author Technical Documentation (such as desk-top studies, geo-hazard assessments, site investigation surveys, technical notes, geological modelling reports, etc.)
- Operational Documentation (such as risk assessments, method statements, etc.).
- Integrate 2D and 3D seismic data interpretation with geotechnical sampling and testing results to produce 3D engineering and geological ground models.
- Degree in Geology, Geophysics, Marine Geosciences, or equivalent.
- Ability to demonstrate a minimum of 1-2 years professional experience in marine near surface geophysics or offshore engineering projects.
- Ability to QC, interrogate, process and model geophysical / geological data.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrable knowledge of software packages such as IHS Kingdom, DUG Insight, Petrel, ArcGIS, QGIS, gINT, PLAXIS, Microsoft Office, etc.
Reference Number: BBBH 185915
To apply for this role or to be considered for further roles, please click "Apply Now" or contact Sophia Din at Rise Technical Recruitment.
Rise Technical Recruitment Ltd acts an employment agency for permanent roles and an employment business for temporary roles.
The salary advertised is the bracket available for this position. The actual salary paid will be dependent on your level of experience, qualifications and skill set. We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitable candidates.