Field Service Engineer (Generators)
£33,000 + Van + Overtime Opportunities (40k+ OTE) + Training Courses + Discounts & Cashback Schemes + Holiday Purchase
This is an excellent opportunity for a maintenance engineer to join one of the UK's largest equipment hire companies in a role that comes with excellent training and development opportunities as well as the flexibility to enjoy a great work-life balance or to massively increase your earnings through plenty of overtime opportunities at enhanced rates.
The company, a leading supplier of tools and machinery across a huge range of industries, are looking to bring on an enthusiastic candidate looking to develop and diversify their skills and knowledge of generators and other plant machinery.
In this role you will be primarily be working as a part of the mobile engineering team carrying out routine servicing and maintenance of hire equipment, performing electrical testing, refurbishment of equipment and updating service records whilst maintaining a clean and safe working environment.
The ideal candidate will have experience in both mechanical and electrical maintenance and will have worked on plant machinery such as mobile plant or otherwise things such as generators, engines, pumps, motors etc, whilst also providing a customer focused service on external sites.
If you're someone that is looking for the flexibility to prioritize either work-life balance or earning potential, while also being able to upskill further and constantly learn something new, this is the perfect opportunity for you!
- Service and maintain on site equipment and conduct electrical testing when required
- Control van stock levels and select tools to ensure jobs can be completed efficiently
- Liaise with supervisors to report routine maintenance, vehicle defects and site issues.
- Aim to complete your jobs for the week in line with KPI's
- Relevant Engineering qualification e.g NVQ L3 or City & Guilds, or otherwise time-served
- Full UK driving license
- Minimum 1 year's experience post-qualification in maintenance/service engineering role
- Willingness to travel to various sites