Head of Design
Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire (Commutable from: Cheltenham, Gloucester, Evesham, Worcester, and Malvern)
£50,000 - £55,000 + Company Benefits
Are you a Design Engineer, from a Mechanical or Electro-Mechanical background, looking for a technically varied and leading role, within a growing Engineering business?
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a specialist company, working on a range of one off, unique projects for blue chip companies, where you will be the 'go-to' person for the Design department.
This company specialise in the design and manufacture of machinery for a range of blue chip companies across the UK. They are going from strength to strength and are continuing to grow moving forward.
You will oversee their small design team, whilst also remaining hands on and involved with technical projects.
The ideal candidate have experience working within an electro-mechanical related background, familiar with Mechanical design but also an understanding of PLC programming and electrical.
- Leading a small multi-discipline design team
- Liaising with customers to understand requirements
- Hands on design of a range of one off, unique projects
- Allocating work, setting design standards etc.
- Primarily using Solidworks
- Ideally degree of HND qualified in a relevant discipline
- Experience using Solidworks
- Mechanical, Electro-Mechanical, Pneumatic component knowledge
- Knowledge of machine build, automation, conveyors or similar
Reference Number: BBBH161681
To apply for this role or to be considered for further roles, please click "Apply Now" or contact Ellie Yuill at Rise Technical Recruitment.
Rise Technical Recruitment Ltd acts an employment agency for permanent roles and an employment business for temporary roles.
The salary advertised is the bracket available for this position. The actual salary paid will be dependent on your level of experience, qualifications and skill set. We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitable candidates.