£30,000 - £40,000 + Progression + Bonus + Private Healthcare
An exciting opportunity beckons for an experienced IT 2nd line / 3rd line support Engineer to excel within an established company, where you will have the opportunity to be involved with a wide range of challenges
This role offers a chance to enhance your existing skills and make the most of your career-acquired knowledge. As an Infrastructure Engineer, your duties encompass 2nd line and 3rd line support, as well as the management of day-to-day activities related to Windows Server virtual server instances and internal local area network (LAN) networks, including firmware patching. You will also be responsible for maintaining Active Directory, Microsoft 365, and Microsoft SQL.
The company is in the process of establishing itself as a leading provider of cloud and on-premises IT solutions in the South East of England. They have a client base in London and various parts of Europe. Due to their growth, they are currently on the lookout for an Infrastructure Engineer with 2nd Line and 3rd Line experience.
This opportunity allows you to broaden your experience in the IT sector and work with cutting-edge Microsoft technologies. You'll split your time between the customer's site and the company's main office, both located in Bishop Stortford. Occasional overtime may be required as needed, so having a car and a driving license is essential. Your daily tasks will revolve around the general administration and oversight of more than 70 Windows Server instances.
The ideal candidate will have experience in the day-to-day management and maintenance of Windows Server virtual server instances and Microsoft SQL. You will also be involved in IT consultancy and project work, which includes setting up and configuring new equipment. Proficiency in TCP/IP networking and virtualization technologies is a must.
This is an outstanding opportunity to work with the latest IT technologies, collaborate with an established company, and advance your IT career with available progression and training opportunities within the company. Performance and salary reviews are conducted annually.
- 2-3 years of experience in 2nd line and 3rd line support roles.
- Proficiency in virtualization technologies such as VMware, ESXi, or Microsoft Hyper-V.
- A solid grasp of TCP/IP networking, including hardware configuration and wireless.
- Experience with Windows Server, Active Directory Management, Microsoft 365, and Microsoft SQL.
The role involves:
- Day-to-day management and maintenance of Windows Server virtual server instances.
- Management of internal local area network (LAN) networks, including firmware patching.
- Providing IT consultancy and participating in project work, including setting up and configuring new equipment.
- Assisting the internal IT team with 1st line and 2nd line support calls.
Reference Number: BBBH201012
To apply for this role or to be considered for further roles, please click "Apply Now," or contact Mo Islam at Rise Technical Recruitment.
Rise Technical Recruitment Ltd acts an employment agency for permanent roles and an employment business for temporary roles.
The salary advertised is the bracket available for this position. The actual salary paid will be dependent on your level of experience, qualifications, and skill set. We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitable candidates.