Junior Embedded Software Engineer (Motor Control)
Florida, Fort Myers
Salary - $65,000 - $85,000 + 401K, PTO, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
Are you looking for an opportunity to develop your technical skillset and progress your career into new specialized positions at a market leading company?
My client are hiring for a Junior Embedded Software Engineer to join their rapidly growing team with the opportunity of exceptional training and the chance to progress into more advanced, technical positions.
This company research, design, test and manufacture complex and bespoke electrical systems for customers in a range of industries. Due to the continual growth and demand for their products they are looking for a range of technical professionals to join their growing engineering team.
In this position you will be required to develop motor control software for electric propulsion systems by working with hardware engineers to develop control algorithms, across a range of cutting edge engineering projects. You will coordinate resolution of field problems associated with reliability and performance of existing firmware along with performing maintenance tasks on existing code.
- Bachelors of Science in EE, ME, CE, or CS or equivalent experience
- 2+ years embedded software experience with C and assembly programming languages
- Knowledge with embedded software development and debug tools (JTAG, ICE, logic analyzers, oscilloscopes, and related test equipment)
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to read/understand module schematics and use for software debug & test
- The ability to work with high voltage, high current systems
- Experience with modular software design, development, and testing techniques and procedures
- Authorized to work in the US
- Must have excellent debugging and problem solving skills
- Must be motivated and able to work with minimal direct supervision
- Must be willing to travel within the United States and Internationally