Mechanical Maintenance Engineer (Training in Renewables)
£30,000 - £40,000 + Overtime Opportunities + Van + Specialist Training + Progression Opportunities
Are you a mechanically biased Maintenance Engineer looking to upskill and acquire long-term career value by gaining further hands-on training on specialist renewable energy and power generation plant?
This rapidly growing business is expecting to expand by 300% across their 2 main sites in the Cambridgeshire area over the next 12 months. As specialists in the Anaerobic Digestion process, they take primarily crop waste as a source material and produce heat, power and renewable fuels directly on site.
In this role you will be responsible for mechanical fault finding, servicing, PPM, breakdown response and repairs focusing mainly on the company's power generation and CHP assets - a number of Jenbacher engines. The role will be worked on a days-only '4 of 4 off' basis with occasional out-of-hours callouts. In addition to this, you will also be trained on the company's other equipment such as biogas processing and biogas upgrading plant.
The ideal candidate will have a mechanical maintenance background focusing on things such as engines, pumps, motors, generators and compressors, and any electrical knowledge/experience will be highly advantageous. As training can be provided with this role, this will be a good position particularly for someone leaving the forces who is looking to progress a civilian career.
This is a great role for someone looking to advance a career simultaneously in the renewable energy and chemical processing industries where they can benefit from supportive management and on-the-job training that will help them to grow in their profession as a highly competent and valuable engineer.
* Carrying out planned & reactive mechanical maintenance for plant (mainly engines but also pumps and generators)
* Servicing of plant such as storage tanks, boilers etc
* Supporting during plant shutdowns and responding to out-of-hours callouts
* Fault finding and identifying potential for long-term improvements to plant
* Working on a days-based 4-on-4-off basis, typically 6am-6pm
* Post-apprenticeship experience in mechanical maintenance
* Maintenance experience covering engines, generators, pumps or similar
* Ex-forces Engineers also strongly considered
* Welding experience (desirable)
* CHP/Steam plant experience (desirable)
* Full UK driving license
* Comfortable with responding to out-of-hours callouts
Reference Number: BBBH154419
To apply for this role or to be considered for further roles, please click "Apply Now" or contact Stuart Goble at Rise Technical Recruitment.
Rise Technical Recruitment Ltd acts an employment agency for permanent roles and an employment business for temporary roles.
The salary advertised is the bracket available for this position. The actual salary paid will be dependent on your level of experience, qualifications and skill set. We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitable candidates.