Operations & Maintenance Manager (Process Plant)
£60,000 - £80,000 + Training in Renewable Energy + Pension + Holidays + International Opportunities
Do you consider yourself a highly-skilled Plant/Operations Manager with a background in process plant such as Oil & Gas, Petrochemicals, Pharmaceuticals, Wastewater, Energy-from-Waste or similar?
Are you searching for an opportunity to progress your career even further within a major international corporation that has plans to set up new large-scale plants across the UK, Europe and further afield?
This company specialises in the construction, commissioning and operation of bioenergy plants on an international scale. They are in the process of creating the largest biofuels plant in the world at one of their sites, and are looking for someone capable of managing their UK plant as it too expands to become the biggest of its kind in the UK.
In this role you will be in charge of all operations, process & personnel development, procurement, budgeting, KPI reporting and H&S and legal compliance for a large-scale energy-from-waste site operated by the company. Due to the company's structure, you will also hold full financial responsibility over the site.
The ideal candidate will come from a relevant process background such as Oil & Gas, Petrochemicals, Waste, Wastewater, Biogas or similar. They will have worked at the Manager or Director level looking after Operations, Maintenance and Finances at an industrial-scale plant, and they will still be comfortable with adopting a hands-on and highly involved approach to leading the site.
This is a great role for someone either in the UK or returning to the UK to genuinely establish a name for themselves in the Renewable Energy sector by taking the reins of an already established biofuels production facility that has plans set in place to grow significantly over the next few years.
* Overall responsibility for site (compliance, procurement, operations, financial management etc)
* Communicating frequently with international head office and reporting to stakeholders
* Ensuring company policies, procedures and guidelines are strictly adhered to
* Problem solving to find and implement solutions to mechanical and electrical breakdowns of plant
* Identifying and implementing ways to optimise plant
* Relevant industrial-scale process plant background covering O&M and Financial Management
* Qualified to degree level in an engineering discipline or time-served
* Excellent H&S track record with NEBOSH qualification or similar
* WAMITAB Level 4 qualification, ideally for Biological Treatment (advantageous)
* Proven leadership skills and a 'lead from the front' approach to management
* Comfortable with responding to callouts for major in case of emergencies
* Full UK driving license
Reference Number: BBBH157599
To apply for this role or to be considered for further roles, please click "Apply Now" or contact Stuart Goble at Rise Technical Recruitment.
Rise Technical Recruitment Ltd acts an employment agency for permanent roles and an employment business for temporary roles.
The salary advertised is the bracket available for this position. The actual salary paid will be dependent on your level of experience, qualifications and skill set. We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitable candidates.