Research and Development Engineer (Materials Science)
$95,000 - $110,000 + PTO + 3% Match 401(k) + Career progression + Health Package + Training + Relocation Package
Long Island, New York
Are you a Research and Development Engineer seeking an exciting new role offering a high degree of autonomy where you will be working on varied and challenging projects?
This is a perfect chance to work within a privately owned, expanding company that are a world leading manufacturer of surface products.
On offer is a great opportunity to enhance your skills and work within an organization that have a company ethos of striving to be the best and sustainability at the heart of everything they do.
This well-established company, that have been trading for over a century and have built up a reputation for their excellent products. You will play a key role in research and development fulfilment by studying and researching materials and their properties.
In this role you will be responsible for reporting and working collaboratively with the Head of Research and Development by acknowledging malfunctions regarding quality control as well as furthering the development of company products. Assessing test evaluations and data is a crucial aspect of the position. You will also be writing and reporting on trial plans, summarizing the reports and supporting the use of different materials.
This is an excellent opportunity for a Research and Development Engineer to excel their career by joining and contributing to a leading organization, with the opportunity for further progression and lateral movement within the company.
- Freedom and autonomy to Implement innovative and fresh ideas to spark change in company direction by bringing new ideas and concepts for material use
- You will be working collaboratively with the Head of Research and Development - Fulfilment of various tasks such as preparing plat materials, analyzing test reports and planning upcoming trials
- Small percentage of travel to other vendors and other company sites
- Great company package
- Bachelors or similar qualification in Chemical Engineering/ Material Science
- 2 years+ Chemical Engineering experience in an industrial background
- Experience within the surface manufacturing industry highly advantageous
- Formulation experience and experience in combining materials necessary
Key Words: Research, Development, Engineering, Chemical, Specialist, Lead, Engineer, Manufacturing, Project Management, Project, Surface, Materials, Science
To apply for this role or to be considered for further roles, please click "Apply Now" or contact Ryan Hughes at Rise Technical Recruitment.
Rise Technical Recruitment Ltd acts an employment agency for permanent roles and an employment business for temporary roles.
The salary advertised is the bracket available for this position. The actual salary paid will be dependent on your level of experience, qualifications and skill set. We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitable candidates.