Senior HIU Engineer - District Heating
£35,000 - £45,000 + Van + Pension + Yearly Bonus + Renewables Training + Progression + 10% Yearly Bonus!
Do you have experience maintaining servicing and installing HIU Units to a high standard or have plumbing experience and looking to get into a career based around HIU?
Are you looking for a stable role with career progression, and to be part of a leading company in the sector with a long-term vision into renewable energy and big plans to expand?
This company specialises in the development of custom-built District Heating Systems and has recently secured several high-profile projects . The company is looking to grow over the coming years and is seeking a Maintenance Engineer to join their growing team.
The residential engineer will be working for the Head of Residential Operations responsible for providing both planned and reactive repairs to pipework and equipment such as Heat Interface Units (HIUs), general plant room equipment (none gas), general pipework, and associated fittings. This is a practical role that requires a candidate who can think on their feet, interact with customers and effectively.
This company are hiring both Juniors and Seniors so those with great experience and those with no experience but basic plumbing knowledge are welcome!
There are opportunities for progression and development within the engineering team. We are operating a large number of energy centres and plant, so the need for engineers is constant.
This is a mobile position based in the London area. The main base will be Energy Centre, Greenwich Peninsula
- To work on low pressure/ low temperature (up to 80˚C) installations in client properties
- To service and repair HIU installations
- Commissioning of HIUs
- To repair pipework and work on associated fixtures and fittings
- To carry out repairs in plant rooms
- To carry out minor electrical repairs
- To deliver excellent customer service
- Attend callouts when required
- Work with asset management system
- To work on weekend on-call rota (usually 1 weekend in 4/5)
These skills are desirable rather than necessary. We will train appropriate candidates.
- 2 year's experience in breakdown/repair/maintenance on hydraulic interface units (desirable)
- 2 years of plumbing experience
- Unvented hot water certificate
- City & Guilds level 2 in plumbing and heating or relevant experience
- Full UK driving license
- Hold Part P electrical qualification (desirable)
- Computer skills (excel)
- Good time keeping; punctuality is vital
- Customer communication skills
- Reporting on tablets and spreadsheets
- Problem solving
- Knowledge of district heating would be beneficial.
- Competent working on wide range of pipe materials such as: plastic PP-R (fusion/butt weld), Crimp (copper, carbon, steel etc), copper, black iron (barrel) etc
Reference Number: 173828
To apply for this role or to be considered for further roles, please click "Apply Now" or contact Maleek Randley at Rise Technical Recruitment.
Rise Technical Recruitment Ltd acts an employment agency for permanent roles and an employment business for temporary roles.
The salary advertised is the bracket available for this position. The actual salary paid will be dependent on your level of experience, qualifications and skill set. We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitable candidates.