Senior Software Safety Engineer
Bristol, United Kingdom
£50-72,500 DOE + Bonus scheme + Private Healthcare + Holiday sale and purchase scheme + Paid membership to professional institution + more!
Excellent opportunity for an experienced Software Safety Engineer to work with cutting edge technology across a range of industries within a leading consultancy company.
This company deliver innovative Tech and Engineering solutions to organisations across the transport, government, defence and energy sectors.
In this role you will support their clients in planning, coordinating, implementing and managing safety critical systems design, software assurance and safety evidence. You will produce and maintain the software assurance and configuration documents for a wide range of systems. You will also lead software assurance projects and work to support evidence to demonstrate software safety properties across the project.
The ideal candidate will have experience managing software or CEH development programmes with a strong understanding of the systems engineering/software life cycle. You will be able to assess software processes and tools for compliance and have experience with safety assessment and analysis application across different systems and platforms.
This is a great opportunity for an individual who wants to lead consultancy assignments, providing technical leadership working with clients that provide essential services and products worldwide.
- Support clients planning, coordinating, implementing and managing safety critical systems design, software assurance and safety evidence
- Produce, maintain and update software assurance and configuration documents
- Lead software assurance projects
- Demonstrate claimed software safety properties across the project
- Experience managing software or CEH development programmes
- Good understanding of one or more standards such as DO-178B/C, IEC 61508, IEC 60880, EN50128, DO-254, DO-278, Def Stan 00-056 and Def Stan 00-055
- Strong understanding of the systems engineering/software life cycle and design principles
- Experience assessing software processes, tools and evidence for compliance
- Must be eligible for security clearance
To apply for this role or to be considered for further roles, please click "Apply Now," or contact Kadija Keita at Rise Technical Recruitment.
Rise Technical Recruitment Ltd acts an employment agency for permanent roles and an employment business for temporary roles.
The salary advertised is the bracket available for this position. The actual salary paid will be dependent on your level of experience, qualifications, and skill set. We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitable candidates.