As a recruitment company, Rise are committed to the highest standards of data protection. We make this statement in order to give you a clear understanding on what data we process, how we process it, and what rights you have.
Purpose of Data Collection
As a recruitment company, our business relies on collecting and processing personal data. We will collect certain data from you for our commercial and business purposes. These include:
· Marketing and advertising;
· Providing you with our services (whether you’re an employer looking to fill a role or a candidate looking for a new job);
· Legal compliance;
· Internal auditing and operational purposes;
· Other one-time uses.
Categories of Data
While providing our services to you, we will process the following categories of data (among others):
- Your name and contact details
- If you are a client seeking employees, your current job title within the company
- If you are a candidate, your work history and all other details contained within your CV
You may provide this data to us directly by contacting us about or service or applying to a job advertisement. On occasion may also collect the data from publicly available sources (including but not limited to your profile on a job board, linkedin, company website etc) in order to introduce our services to you.
Cookies on this website
While you’re browsing, this website will place certain cookies on your device. The cookies help us to continually make our website better and improve the service we provide you with. We therefore believe there is a legitimate interest in the cookies being placed on your device and we process the data on that basis.
Cookies do not identify you personally and all data collected is anonymous - although they do help us to distinguish you from other web users.
Strictly necessary cookies
These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. The cookies will expire by default once you stop browsing the website.
Google Analytics cookies
You can remove the cookies or object to them being placed at any time in your browser settings, but please be aware that if you block strictly necessary cookies our website may not work properly. You can find out more information about how to change your cookies setting at www.aboutcookies.org.
Storing your data
Your data will be stored on our database, which is provided by Bullhorn. Depending on the nature of service we provide you with, your data may also be stored on our network drives and in our accounting software.
We will retain your personal data only for as long as is necessary. Different laws require us to keep different data for different periods of time. You can object to Rise storing your data at any time by emailing email@example.com.
Sharing your data
Rise will never sell your data on to third parties. However, in order to effectively provide you with our services, we may have to share your data with our parent company in the UK. If you are applying for a role with one of our clients, we will share your data with them so that they can progress your application. If you are a client, we will share your details with the candidate in order to properly inform them of the available job vacancy. We may also share your data with our auditors, accountants or government agencies when legally required to do so.
If you are a resident of California, under the CCPA you have the following rights when it comes to Rise processing your data:
· The right to know the categories and specific pieces of personal information we collect, use, disclose, and sell about you; the categories of sources from which we collected your personal information; our purposes for collecting or selling your personal information; the categories of your personal information that we have either sold or disclosed for a business purpose; and the categories of third parties with which we have shared personal information.
· The right to request that we delete the personal information we have collected from you.
· The right to opt out of our sale(s) of your personal information. Please note that if you opt out of certain types of sales, we will be unable to provide you with the services that rely on such sales.
· The right not to receive discriminatory treatment for the exercise of the privacy rights conferred by the CCPA.
Please be aware that in some circumstances we may not be able to completely delete your data due to our other legal obligations. We will always inform you when this is the case and provide you with a written explanation.
Complaints and Queries
If you wish to complain about this privacy notice or any of the procedures set out in it please contact the following:
Joanna Cross, Group Data Protection Officer
firstname.lastname@example.org/+44(0)117 440 5990
Should you have any queries regarding the processing of your data or wish to exercise any of your rights, please email your request to email@example.com.
We will endeavor to respond to all communications within 30 days of receipt.