Electrical Engineer (Training in Estimating & Tendering)
Wakefield or Stockton
£40,000 - £50,000 + Company Car/Car Allowance + Bonus up to 10% + Employee Assistant Scheme
Excellent opportunity for an Electrical Engineer who wants to broaden their skillset to join a growing company with a brilliant reputation and one that is connected to one of the largest energy suppliers in the UK.
This company has established itself within the industry, with an aim to be the contractors of choice for power transmission and generation projects. The company is an independent connections provider with its own in-house design team and provide a plethora of services ranging from building and maintaining substations to multi-utility work.
In this role you will undergo training in bid and quotation preparation/management and will work alongside the Estimating Manager on a number of power transmission projects, developing estimating and tendering skills to apply to some of the company's big projects.
The ideal candidate will have an electrical engineering background with extensive knowledge of HV systems, with design/project experience. The candidate will be motivated to develop new skills in bid and tendering and will have good negotiation skills to liaise with new and existing clients.
This is the perfect opportunity for an electrical engineer who wants to branch out into pre-project works, undertaking bid, estimating, and tendering roles to broaden their skillset within the industry.
* Training to obtain accurate quotes for design, supply, products, and services
* Working on and presenting proposals to clients
* Communicating and negotiating with clients, suppliers, and contractors
* Providing detailed handover project files to the project management team
* Supporting with tendering and project delivery stages
* Must have HNC (or above ) in Electrical Engineering
* High Voltage experience
* Experience in Civil Engineering, Utilities or Power Transmission industries
* Knowledge of LV, HV and EHV distribution networks and protection systems
* Full UK driving license, comfortable with traveling to client locations
Reference Number: 212211
To apply for this role or to be considered for further roles, please click "Apply Now" or contact Caitlin Conway at Rise Technical Recruitment.
Rise Technical Recruitment Ltd acts an employment agency for permanent roles and an employment business for temporary roles.
The salary advertised is the bracket available for this position. The actual salary paid will be dependent on your level of experience, qualifications and skill set. We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitable candidates.