2nd Line Service Desk Engineer
£28,000 - £35,000 + Hybrid + Education funding
An exciting opportunity beckons for an experienced IT 2nd line support Engineer to excel within an established company, where you will have the opportunity to be involved with a wide range of challenges.
This role offers a chance to enhance your existing skills and make the most of your career-acquired knowledge. As an 2nd Line Support Service Desk Engineer, your duties encompass performing root-cause analysis and preventing reoccurring issues happening. When you do find difficulties, you will escalate tickets to 3rd line and can learn to solve these issues with the environment being supportive.
The company is a Microsoft Solutions partner and have been established for over a decade providing high quality solutions to their customers. They have a client base in London and various parts of Europe. Due to their growth, they are currently on the lookout for an 2nd Line Service Desk Engineer to join their talented IT service desk team.
This opportunity allows you to broaden your experience in the IT sector and work with innovative Microsoft technologies. You will split your time between the service desk and being able to work from home a minimum of once per day, with the company office in Borehamwood. You will look to thrive in a highly technical environment where the team look out for each other.
The ideal candidate will have strong experience providing 2nd line support on the service desk and look to learn how to solve complex technical issues. Having strong knowledge of the backend of Office 365 including Exchange online, SharePoint online, Teams, OneDrive, Azure Active Directory, and others. Previously working in an MSP environment is advantageous.
This is an outstanding opportunity to work with the latest IT technologies, collaborate with an established company, and advance your IT career with available progression and training opportunities within the company. The company will provide funding on any exams and certification you look to take.
- 2+ years of experience providing 1st line and 2nd Line support on a service desk setting, including in an MSP environment (beneficial)
- Strong backend knowledge of Office 365, such as, Exchange online, SharePoint Online, OneDrive, Azure Active Directory. Also, Intune and Windows Server or any other server.
- Good networking knowledge DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, LAN, Routing, VPN and WAN
- Willingness to learn and develop technical skills
- Working in a team of service desk engineers when necessary to ensure an elevated level of customer service is provided to customers.
- Providing IT consultancy and participating in project work, including setting up and configuring new equipment.
- Supporting the service desk with 1st line and 2nd line support tickets on issues with Microsoft Office 365, Intune, Windows Servers and Azure
- Providing good customer service to the internal business both verbally and written, so issues are resolved.
Reference Number: BBBH216206
To apply for this role or to be considered for further roles, please click "Apply Now," or contact Mo Islam at Rise Technical Recruitment.
Rise Technical Recruitment Ltd acts an employment agency for permanent roles and an employment business for temporary roles.
The salary advertised is the bracket available for this position. The actual salary paid will be dependent on your level of experience, qualifications, and skill set. We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitable candidates.