Development Chemist (Engineering / Manufacturing)
Attractive Salary & benefits package + Training & Development + holiday + Pension + Early Friday Finish
Monday - Friday Days (Monday- Thursday 8-5pm & Friday 8.30am-2pm)
Bridgwater - commutable from - Chard, Cullompton, Honiton, Tiverton, Burnham-on-Sea, Taunton, Glastonbury, Weston-Super-Mare, Yeovil, Minehead, Clevedon
Excellent opportunity for a Development Chemist looking for the next exciting step in your career with a world leading global organization.
On offer is a rare opportunity for a Development Chemist to join a world leading company in a technically interesting role, where you can utilize your skills to develop and improve new and existing formulations for a worldwide producer & supplier of specialist chemical products.
As a Development Chemist you will be responsible for formulating and improving new and existing products within the Company's product range. This is a fantastic opportunity for a Development Chemist to join a leading company who have a great reputation in their field due to their exceptional product lines and outstanding levels of customer service in a varied and technically interesting role.
This is a full-time Monday - Friday position, with an early finish on Fridays, allowing for a healthy work-life balance and the chance to enjoy all that Bridgwater and the surrounding area has to offer.
- Formulate and improve new and existing products within the Company's product range.
- Preparation of written laboratory reports and comparative product evaluations.
- Preparation of samples and associated documentation for customer evaluation and approval.
- Evaluation and approval of new and alternative raw material and packaging specifications.
- Verification of technical content of product labels.
- Bachelor or Master degree in Chemistry.
- Awareness of current chemical labelling and supply legislation (CLP, REACH, etc.)
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Self-motivated with good organizational skills and the ability to prioritize own workload.
- Willing to make occasional travel to other sites.
To apply for this role or to be considered for further roles, please click "Apply Now" or contact Sarah Hibberd at Rise Technical Recruitment.
Rise Technical Recruitment Ltd acts an employment agency for permanent roles and an employment business for temporary roles.
The salary advertised is the bracket available for this position. The actual salary paid will be dependent on your level of experience, qualifications and skill set. We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitable candidates.