Senior Mechanical Engineer - Rotating Equipment
£40,000 - £46,000 + Tailored Progression Plan + International Travel Opportunities + Holiday Purchase + Private Pension + Flexible Hours + Employee Discounts
Are you a qualified Mechanical Engineer with project experience covering Rotating Equipment, and want to take your career further in a technically challenging role where no day will be the same and where you will be rewarded for your experience with continuous opportunities for training and progression?
This company is widely regarded as a leading manufacturer of Turbines, Pumps and Engines for prestigious clients across the globe including SSE, General Electrical, Scania and Volvo. They have been operating for over 100 years and have been going through an exciting period of growth following their success in the Hydropower market. They are underdoing a business transformation and are now looking to recruit a number of engineering positions to support their expansion across 2023.
On offer is a very rewarding package and a brilliant training/progression scheme for a candidate looking to grow in the business. Additionally, an Employee Wellbeing programme ensures an excellent work-life balance and the company can provide accessible counselling in a number of areas in your personal life. Out-of-work benefits include discounts in gym memberships and retailers, a cash-back bonus and overall help to ensure a positive lifestyle in and out of work.
In this role you will be working within the company's Project Engineering division to support with the delivery of Hydroelectric projects covering all stages from design through to commissioning and handover.
The ideal candidate will be qualified to at least HNC/HND level in Mechanical Engineering (or similar) and will have previous experience with the design, installation, commissioning, maintenance or upgrade of Rotating Equipment.
This is a great opportunity for someone who is motivated by skills development and career progression opportunities to rapidly advance in their profession alongside a well-known and highly regarded business that are technical specialists in their field of work.
* Involvement with projects from design phase through to commissioning and handover
* Carrying out mechanical designs & calculations as well as producing specifications
* Inputting into item selection and procurement processes e.g for valves, actuators etc.
* Monitoring project budgets and progress, and reporting back to management and clients
* Reviewing and approving work of intermediate engineers e.g designs, specifications, drawings
* Educated to at least HNC/HND level in Mechanical Engineering or a very similar discipline
* Previous experience with Rotating Equipment such as Turbines or Pumps
* Previous experience with mechanical designs
* Previous experience working directly with an equipment manufacturer (desirable)
* Competent with CAD software, preferably MathCAD
* Full driving license and comfortable with travel to sites, and occasionally with overseas trips
Reference Number: BBBH173734
To apply for this role or to be considered for further roles, please click "Apply Now" or contact Stuart Goble at Rise Technical Recruitment.
Rise Technical Recruitment Ltd acts an employment agency for permanent roles and an employment business for temporary roles.
The salary advertised is the bracket available for this position. The actual salary paid will be dependent on your level of experience, qualifications and skill set. We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitable candidates.